Powercab 212 Plus Active Stereo Guitar Speaker System
Premier Amplification For Modelers
The Powercab® 212 Plus active stereo guitar speaker system was specifically designed for use with professional modelers. Your amplification and speaker system is responsible for at least half of your tone and also determines how your rig feels and responds to your playing—so why play through anything incapable of making your modeler sound as true to your intended tone as possible? Powercab 212 Plus looks, sounds, and responds like a guitar cab because it is a guitar cab—though not an ordinary guitar cab.
If you are happy with your modeler’s onboard cabinet models and just want to hear the sound of your presets amplified, simply connect your modeler to Powercab 212 Plus, select Flat mode, and play. Custom lightweight neodymium coaxial speakers with high-frequency compression drivers provide the the benefits of a full-range, flat-response (FRFR) speaker system—but with the fast transient response of guitar speakers, resulting in a more authentic and familiar feel.
Alternatively, bypassing the cabinet models in your presets and switching to Speaker Modeling mode on the Powercab 212 Plus enables you to take advantage of 12 proprietary onboard speaker models—which are not the same as either cabinet models or impulse responses—for a more organic “amp-in-the-room” playing experience. Modeled speakers range from classics such as “Greenback” and “Blue Bell” to modern designs, and may be mixed or matched. And because Powercab 212 Plus is a stereo amp, ping-pong delays, expansive reverbs, spacious modulation effects, and even dual-amp setups will sound the way you intend them to be heard.
Additional features include a rugged-yet-lightweight plywood cabinet with flip-out kickstands, a 2-inch LCD, 128 user preset locations, XLR direct outputs, MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU and L6 LINKTM I/O, a multipurpose second input, and a USB audio interface. Third-party IRs may also be loaded and saved within presets.
- Choice of Flat (FRFR) or Speaker Modeling modes
- Choice of 12 onboard Speaker Models (+ IR loading)
- Plays your stereo presets in stereo not mono
- 500-watt stereo amplifier (2 x 250 watts) delivers up to 131dB SPL
- Lightweight 12" neodymium coaxial speakers with high-frequency compression drivers and robust 2" voice coils
- 70Hz-20kHz neutral frequency response in Flat mode
- 128 Presets configurable for Flat, Speaker Modeling, or IR mode
- MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU I/O, L6 LINK, USB audio interface
FLAT RESPONSE MODE
In Flat mode, Powercab 212 Plus delivers a neutral frequency response from 70Hz to 20kHz with plenty of headroom. Guitarists enjoy all the benefits of a full-range, flat-response (FRFR) speaker system—but while playing through guitar speakers rather than the usual thicker-coned P.A. speakers, resulting in a more authentic and familiar feel. Just plug any modeler into Powercab 212 Plus, select Flat mode, and play.
CUSTOM GUITAR SPEAKERS
The custom coaxial speakers in Powercab 212 Plus have lightweight neodymium frames and feature lightweight cones and high-frequency compression drivers, delivering the extended range of P.A. speakers, but with the punch and dynamic response of guitar speakers—a design that increases the authenticity of the sound and response of the 12 onboard Speaker Models.
SPEAKER MODELING MODE & IR LOADING
Speaker Modeling mode enables guitarists to access 12 onboard classic and modern Speaker Models—not the same as cabinet models or impulse responses—for a more organic “amp-in-the-room” playing experience. Simply bypass the cab model in the modeler’s preset, switch to Speaker Modeling mode on the Powercab 212 Plus, and select from the 12 onboard speaker types. You can swap out speakers with the press of a button—rather than the twist of a screwdriver—and even mix-and-match different speaker types. Third-party cabinet IRs may also be loaded into Powercab 212 Plus and saved into any of the 128 presets, providing additional tone-crafting options. Using either the onboard Speaker Models or 3rd-party IRs frees up DSP in the modeler that may be used for additional amps and effects.
STEREO & DUAL MONO
Why play your stereo presets in mono? Powercab 212 Plus lets you hear ping-pong delays, expansive reverbs, full-spectrum flange and chorus, panning effects, and other stereo sounds the way that you intend them to be heard—critical when performing ambient, shoegaze, chillwave, and other styles that rely on widescreen musical soundscapes. Powercab 212 Plus can also be run in dual-mono mode, letting you pair, say, a high-gain British amp on one side and a bluesy American amp on the other, each matched with the appropriate—or an inappropriate—Speaker Model.
Unlike many FRFR speaker systems, the Powercab 212 Plus is constructed of wood rather than plastic, and tuned like a traditional guitar cabinet for enhanced acoustic resonance. And while built to withstand the rigors of the road it weighs only 47.6 lbs (21.59 kg), making it considerably lighter than most FRFR cabs. Additionally, foldout kickstands enable the Powercab 212 Plus to be angled up toward the player, and an optional heavy duty cover is available.
Powercab 212 Plus features AES/EBU connectivity. Connecting it to any modeler equipped with AES/EBU capabilities reduces both latency and noise levels by avoiding the necessity of digital to analog conversion. There’s also a L6 LINK port for connecting Powercab 212 Plus directly to Helix® modelers.
THE ULTIMATE CAB FOR HELIX
Although Powercab 212 Plus was engineered to deliver superb results with any modeler, it is the perfect sonic complement to Line 6 Helix guitar processors, completing the chain from guitar input to guitar speaker. Combining a Helix with Powercab 212 Plus via L6 LINK multiplies the power of both, resulting in a state-of-the-art, professional rig that can handle any musical situation.
© 2019 Yamaha Guitar Group. All rights reserved.
Line 6, Powercab, L6 LINK, and Helix are trademarks or registered trademarks of Yamaha Guitar Group, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions.
Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement
Digital downloads (“Digital Downloads”) made available through the Line 6 Web Store’s Marketplace are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each Digital Download is subject to your prior acceptance of either this Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), or a custom end user license agreement between you and the Digital Download Provider (“Custom EULA”), if one is provided. Your license to any Line 6 Digital Download under this Standard EULA or any Custom EULA is granted by Line 6, and your license to any Third Party Digital Download under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by the Digital Download Provider of that Third Party Digital Download. Any Digital Download that is subject to this Standard EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Digital Download.” The Digital Download Provider or Line 6 as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
2. Ownership. Licensor retains ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download, including copies, improvements, enhancements, derivative works and modifications thereof. Your rights to Use the Licensed Digital Download are limited to those expressly granted by this Standard EULA. No other rights with respect to the Licensed Digital Download or any related intellectual property rights are granted or implied.
3. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and Digital Download software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Digital Download. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
4. Termination. This Standard EULA shall remain in effect until terminated by you or Licensor. Your rights under this Standard EULA will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of its terms. In addition, this Standard EULA shall terminate immediately upon the termination of an agreement between Line 6 and any Digital Download Provider from whom Line 6 obtains services or distribution necessary to support the Licensed Digital Download.
5. No Warranty. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND LICENSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LICENSOR OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Licensor’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
7. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Licensor, including the respective service providers, channel partners, suppliers, assignees, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and the respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and representatives of Licensor, free and harmless from and against any liability, loss, injury (including injuries resulting in death), demand, action, cost, expense, or claim of any kind or character, including but not limited to attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any use or possession by you of the Licensed Digital Download.
6. Restrictions. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Digital Download except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Digital Download was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Digital Download may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S.-embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals List or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Digital Download, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons.
8. Governing Law. This Agreement and the relationship between you and Line 6 shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You and Line 6 agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Los Angeles, California, to resolve any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement.
Specifically excluded from application to this Agreement is that law known as the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
9. Copyright Policy. Line 6 respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is Line 6's policy, at its discretion and when appropriate, to terminate the accounts of users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights of third parties.
To submit a copyright infringement notification to Line 6, please submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing the below-specified Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and
information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic
mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in
the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an
exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of the preceding paragraph, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512 for more information regarding the DMCA and DMCA notifications.
Our Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement can be reached as follows: By Email:
Line 6, Inc.
26580 Agoura Road Calabasas, California 91302
10. Entire Agreement. The Standard EULA constitutes the entire agreement between Licensor and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes in their entirety any and all written or oral agreements previously existing between us with respect to such subject matter.
Last Updated: December 2017.
Copyright © 2017 Line 6, Inc. All rights reserved.