Powercab 112 Plus
Active Guitar Speaker System for Modelers
The Powercab™ 112 Plus is a 1x12 active speaker system that delivers an authentic “amp-in-the-room” playing experience when paired with any modeler. When set to Flat mode, you simply plug your modeler in and play; Powercab 112 Plus amplifies the sound of your presets as they are, much like a standard “FRFR” speaker system—but with the response and feel of an actual guitar amplifier.
Now imagine having an empty 1x12 speaker cabinet that you can instantly load with any one of six classic speaker types just by pressing a button. Setting the Powercab 112 Plus to Speaker Modeling mode enables you to do just that—virtually—using a new technology developed by Line 6. Simply bypass the speaker cabinet models in your modeler’s signal chain and let Powercab 112 Plus provide the sound and feel of playing through those classic speakers.
The Powercab 112 Plus guitar speaker system accomplishes this by combining a clean 250-watt power amplifier with a custom hybrid coaxial speaker. The speaker combines the range, clarity, and power-handling capabilities of a P.A. speaker, with the rapid transient response of a guitar speaker, in just the right measure to function optimally in both Flat and Speaker Modeling modes. And Powercab 112 Plus is loud, producing a room-filling 125dB SPL maximum volume.
In addition to sounding and responding like a true guitar cab, the Powercab 112 Plus guitar speaker system also looks like one. Sturdily constructed of plywood, with a unique curved back that adds rigidity and decreases weight, Powercab 112 Plus weighs a gig-friendly 36 pounds (16 kgs). And a flip-out kickstand allows it to be angled toward the performer, whether used in the backline or as a frontline monitor.
The Powercab 112 Plus offers several powerful advanced features (a standard Powercab 112 model is also available), such as a 2-inch LCD, 128 user preset locations, MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU and L6 LINKTM digital I/O, a multipurpose second input, and a USB audio interface. Loading up to 128 third-party speaker cabinet impulse responses (IRs) is also an option, allowing users even greater tone-crafting flexibility.
- Choice of flat response or six classic guitar speaker models
- 250-watt amplifier delivers up to 125dB Peak SPL
- 12" custom hybrid coaxial driver
- 70Hz-20kHz neutral frequency response in Flat mode
- Curved plywood construction results in a cabinet that is solid yet lightweight
- 128 Presets can be configured as any Mode (Flat, Speaker Modeling, IR)
- MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU digital I/O, and USB audio interface
- L6 LINK digital connector
- Loads up to 128 third-party impulse responses (IRs)
DESIGNED FOR GUITARISTS - INSIDE AND OUT
The Powercab 112 Plus guitar speaker system for modelers looks, sounds, and responds like a professional guitar amplifier, because that is essentially what it is. In Flat Mode, Powercab 112 Plus delivers a neutral frequency response from 70Hz to 20kHz with plenty of headroom. There is no need to adjust your modeler’s settings—your presets will sound just the way you expect them to. But what most clearly differentiates the Powercab 112 Plus from other products is Speaker Modeling.
The sound of great amplifiers is due to the speaker as much as from the other components, yet until now no one has modeled an actual speaker driver alone, independently from the cabinet it happens to be loaded into. Line 6 has done just that by creating models of six classic and boutique speakers which drive a custom-designed hybrid coaxial loudspeaker. A lightweight cone and high-temperature 2" voice coil deliver the punch and dynamic response you expect from a guitar speaker, along with the wide range of a P.A. speaker. This design adds unparalleled authenticity to the speaker models, and consequently the sound of your amp modeler, preamp, or even your stompbox amp-simulator.
BUILT FOR GIGGING
The Powercab 112 Plus features a highly efficient 250-watt power amplifier capable of producing up to 125dB Peak SPL—enough volume to fill a small club or medium-sized venue. And Powercab 112 Plus is constructed to withstand the rigors of the road, while also being compact and weighing a mere 36 pounds (16 kgs). There’s also an XLR output featuring optimized microphone emulation for direct connection to a P.A., and foldout kickstands facilitate angled backline placement or use as an angled floor monitor.
USER IMPULSE RESPONSE (IR) PROCESSING
Powercab 112 Plus can load and store up to 128 third-party Impulse Responses, recallable as MIDI-controlled presets. These can then be customized using the free Powercab Edit software for macOS® and Windows®, available at line6.com/software.
THE CONSUMMATE CAB FOR HELIX
Although Powercab 112 Plus was engineered to deliver superb results with any modeler, it is the perfect sonic complement to Line 6 Helix® guitar processors, completing the chain—from guitar input to guitar speaker.
© 2018 Line 6, Inc. All rights reserved. Line 6, Powercab, L6 LINK, and Helix are trademarks or registered trademarks of Line 6, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions.
• 12" custom-designed coaxial driver • 1" compression driver for high-frequency reproduction • 250-watt built-in power amplifier, 128dB peak SPL • 6 Guitar Speaker Models • 70Hz to 20kHz neutral frequency response in Flat Mode • 128 User-loadable slots for Impulse Response processing • 128 Presets can be configured as any Mode (Flat, Speaker Modeling, IR) • 2" backlit Liquid Crystal Display and illuminated knob • Foldout 45-degree kickstands • Dual ¼" XLR combo input jacks • XLR output Jack • USB jack for editing, playback, and recording • MIDI In/Out for preset switching • L6 LINK / AES/EBU input and output for seamless Helix® integration and daisy chaining • Weight: 36 lbs. • Dimensions: 22.4" W x 17.1" H x 12" D