Powercab 112 Plus
Active Guitar Speaker System for Modelers
The Powercab™ 112 Plus is a 1x12 active speaker system that delivers an authentic “amp-in-the-room” playing experience when paired with any modeler. When set to Flat mode, you simply plug your modeler in and play; Powercab 112 Plus amplifies the sound of your presets as they are, much like a standard “FRFR” speaker system—but with the response and feel of an actual guitar amplifier.
Now imagine having an empty 1x12 speaker cabinet that you can instantly load with any one of six classic speaker types just by pressing a button. Setting the Powercab 112 Plus to Speaker Modeling mode enables you to do just that—virtually—using a new technology developed by Line 6. Simply bypass the speaker cabinet models in your modeler’s signal chain and let Powercab 112 Plus provide the sound and feel of playing through those classic speakers.
The Powercab 112 Plus guitar speaker system accomplishes this by combining a clean 250-watt power amplifier with a custom hybrid coaxial speaker. The speaker combines the range, clarity, and power-handling capabilities of a P.A. speaker, with the rapid transient response of a guitar speaker, in just the right measure to function optimally in both Flat and Speaker Modeling modes. And Powercab 112 Plus is loud, producing a room-filling 125dB SPL maximum volume.
In addition to sounding and responding like a true guitar cab, the Powercab 112 Plus guitar speaker system also looks like one. Sturdily constructed of plywood, with a unique curved back that adds rigidity and decreases weight, Powercab 112 Plus weighs a gig-friendly 36 pounds (16 kgs). And a flip-out kickstand allows it to be angled toward the performer, whether used in the backline or as a frontline monitor.
The Powercab 112 Plus offers several powerful advanced features (a standard Powercab 112 model is also available), such as a 2-inch LCD, 128 user preset locations, MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU and L6 LINKTM digital I/O, a multipurpose second input, and a USB audio interface. Loading up to 128 third-party speaker cabinet impulse responses (IRs) is also an option, allowing users even greater tone-crafting flexibility.
- Choice of flat response or six classic guitar speaker models
- 250-watt amplifier delivers up to 125dB Peak SPL
- 12" custom hybrid coaxial driver
- 70Hz-20kHz neutral frequency response in Flat mode
- Curved plywood construction results in a cabinet that is solid yet lightweight
- 128 Presets can be configured as any Mode (Flat, Speaker Modeling, IR)
- MIDI In/Out, AES/EBU digital I/O, and USB audio interface
- L6 LINK digital connector
- Loads up to 128 third-party impulse responses (IRs)
DESIGNED FOR GUITARISTS - INSIDE AND OUT
The Powercab 112 Plus guitar speaker system for modelers looks, sounds, and responds like a professional guitar amplifier, because that is essentially what it is. In Flat Mode, Powercab 112 Plus delivers a neutral frequency response from 70Hz to 20kHz with plenty of headroom. There is no need to adjust your modeler’s settings—your presets will sound just the way you expect them to. But what most clearly differentiates the Powercab 112 Plus from other products is Speaker Modeling.
The sound of great amplifiers is due to the speaker as much as from the other components, yet until now no one has modeled an actual speaker driver alone, independently from the cabinet it happens to be loaded into. Line 6 has done just that by creating models of six classic and boutique speakers which drive a custom-designed hybrid coaxial loudspeaker. A lightweight cone and high-temperature 2" voice coil deliver the punch and dynamic response you expect from a guitar speaker, along with the wide range of a P.A. speaker. This design adds unparalleled authenticity to the speaker models, and consequently the sound of your amp modeler, preamp, or even your stompbox amp-simulator.
BUILT FOR GIGGING
The Powercab 112 Plus features a highly efficient 250-watt power amplifier capable of producing up to 125dB Peak SPL—enough volume to fill a small club or medium-sized venue. And Powercab 112 Plus is constructed to withstand the rigors of the road, while also being compact and weighing a mere 36 pounds (16 kgs). There’s also an XLR output featuring optimized microphone emulation for direct connection to a P.A., and foldout kickstands facilitate angled backline placement or use as an angled floor monitor.
USER IMPULSE RESPONSE (IR) PROCESSING
Powercab 112 Plus can load and store up to 128 third-party Impulse Responses, recallable as MIDI-controlled presets. These can then be customized using the free Powercab Edit software for macOS® and Windows®, available at line6.com/software.
THE CONSUMMATE CAB FOR HELIX
Although Powercab 112 Plus was engineered to deliver superb results with any modeler, it is the perfect sonic complement to Line 6 Helix® guitar processors, completing the chain—from guitar input to guitar speaker.
© 2018 Line 6, Inc. All rights reserved. Line 6, Powercab, L6 LINK, and Helix are trademarks or registered trademarks of Line 6, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other jurisdictions.
• 12" custom-designed coaxial driver • 1" compression driver for high-frequency reproduction • 250-watt built-in power amplifier, 128dB peak SPL • 6 Guitar Speaker Models • 70Hz to 20kHz neutral frequency response in Flat Mode • 128 User-loadable slots for Impulse Response processing • 128 Presets can be configured as any Mode (Flat, Speaker Modeling, IR) • 2" backlit Liquid Crystal Display and illuminated knob • Foldout 45-degree kickstands • Dual ¼" XLR combo input jacks • XLR output Jack • USB jack for editing, playback, and recording • MIDI In/Out for preset switching • L6 LINK / AES/EBU input and output for seamless Helix® integration and daisy chaining • Weight: 36 lbs. • Dimensions: 22.4" W x 17.1" H x 12" D
Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement
Digital downloads (“Digital Downloads”) made available through the Line 6 Web Store’s Marketplace are licensed, not sold, to you. Your license to each Digital Download is subject to your prior acceptance of either this Licensed Digital Download End User License Agreement (“Standard EULA”), or a custom end user license agreement between you and the Digital Download Provider (“Custom EULA”), if one is provided. Your license to any Line 6 Digital Download under this Standard EULA or any Custom EULA is granted by Line 6, and your license to any Third Party Digital Download under this Standard EULA or Custom EULA is granted by the Digital Download Provider of that Third Party Digital Download. Any Digital Download that is subject to this Standard EULA is referred to herein as the “Licensed Digital Download.” The Digital Download Provider or Line 6 as applicable (“Licensor”) reserves all rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download not expressly granted to you under this Standard EULA.
2. Ownership. Licensor retains ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to the Licensed Digital Download, including copies, improvements, enhancements, derivative works and modifications thereof. Your rights to Use the Licensed Digital Download are limited to those expressly granted by this Standard EULA. No other rights with respect to the Licensed Digital Download or any related intellectual property rights are granted or implied.
3. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Licensor may collect and use technical data and related information—including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and Digital Download software, and peripherals—that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support, and other services to you (if any) related to the Licensed Digital Download. Licensor may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
4. Termination. This Standard EULA shall remain in effect until terminated by you or Licensor. Your rights under this Standard EULA will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of its terms. In addition, this Standard EULA shall terminate immediately upon the termination of an agreement between Line 6 and any Digital Download Provider from whom Line 6 obtains services or distribution necessary to support the Licensed Digital Download.
5. No Warranty. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND LICENSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND OF NONINFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY LICENSOR OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LICENSOR BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE LICENSED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF LICENSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall Licensor’s total liability to you for all damages (other than as may be required by applicable law in cases involving personal injury) exceed the amount of fifty dollars ($50.00). The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
7. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Licensor, including the respective service providers, channel partners, suppliers, assignees, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and the respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and representatives of Licensor, free and harmless from and against any liability, loss, injury (including injuries resulting in death), demand, action, cost, expense, or claim of any kind or character, including but not limited to attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with any use or possession by you of the Licensed Digital Download.
6. Restrictions. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Licensed Digital Download except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Licensed Digital Download was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Licensed Digital Download may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S.-embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's Specially Designated Nationals List or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List. By using the Licensed Digital Download, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture, or production of nuclear, missile, or chemical or biological weapons.
8. Governing Law. This Agreement and the relationship between you and Line 6 shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You and Line 6 agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Los Angeles, California, to resolve any dispute or claim arising from this Agreement.
Specifically excluded from application to this Agreement is that law known as the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
9. Copyright Policy. Line 6 respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is Line 6's policy, at its discretion and when appropriate, to terminate the accounts of users who may infringe or repeatedly infringe the copyrights of third parties.
To submit a copyright infringement notification to Line 6, please submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing the below-specified Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and
information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic
mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in
the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an
exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of the preceding paragraph, your DMCA notice may not be valid. Please see 17 U.S.C. § 512 for more information regarding the DMCA and DMCA notifications.
Our Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement can be reached as follows: By Email:
Line 6, Inc.
26580 Agoura Road Calabasas, California 91302
10. Entire Agreement. The Standard EULA constitutes the entire agreement between Licensor and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes in their entirety any and all written or oral agreements previously existing between us with respect to such subject matter.
Last Updated: December 2017.
Copyright © 2017 Line 6, Inc. All rights reserved.