Every single guitar passes through the most skilled woodworkers, painters and builders in the business. Representing over a century of experience, the talented team demonstrates deep passion and pride while bringing James Tyler’s designs to life.
THE HD MODELING PROCESS: VINTAGE INSTRUMENTS CAPTURED IN INCREDIBLE DETAIL.
The process of modeling a vintage instrument using Variax HD technology is complex. Every facet of the guitar—including the body, electronics and metal parts—influences the way the instrument sounds and responds, and must be captured during modeling. By painstakingly analyzing and capturing every single aspect of the most iconic vintage instruments, the Line 6 team ensured that Variax delivers the sound and feel of the world’s most coveted guitars with stunning detail. The result is accurate and realistic tone reproduction that stays true to the original instruments.
THE CRAFTSMANSHIP OF THE JTV-69S
Expertly crafted in the United States, JTV-69S-US places cutting-edge Variax® technology inside a premium instrument designed in the image of the first successful solidbody electrics. The classic ash or alder body, quarter-sawn maple neck with rosewood or maple fingerboard, and 25-1/2” scale length provide tonal richness and warmth while preserving the design's historic bright, percussive snap.
To make the most of this stunning tone, the humbucker in the bridge position complements the ‘60s-style single-coil pickups in the neck and middle positions. All pickups are loaded with alnico magnets and wound to James Tyler's specs. To complete the package, JTV-69-US features the comfortable Tyler ’59 neck profile; a James Tyler Custom Tremolo bridge; ultra-stable, quarter-sawn, three-piece maple neck; and your choice of classic and contemporary hand-sprayed finishes.
• Hand-selected alder body
• Solid quarter-sawn maple neck with rosewood fingerboard
• 3-Tone Sunburst finish
• Mint pickguard
• Chrome hardware
• Dot inlays
• 25-1/2" scale length
• Tyler ’59 neck shape
• 22 medium-jumbo German-wire frets
• 1-5/8" Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL self-lubricating nut
• Hipshot Grip-Lock Locking Guitar Tuning Machines (18:1 turn ratio; staggered height)
• Chrome hardware
• Fully adjustable Tyler-designed tremolo bridge
• L. R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system
• Vintage-style single-coil pickups wound to Tyler's specs
• Master Volume and Tone knobs
• Model knob and Alt Tune roller knob
• 5-way selector switch
• Made in the United States
• Assembled by a veteran luthier
• High-quality local setup and inspection
• VDI (Variax® Digital Interface) for integration with Line 6 Helix series, POD HD series, and limited compatibility with POD® xt, POD® X3, Vetta™ II amplifier and other legacy Line 6 products
• Two lithium-ion batteries (for up to 24 hours of play time) and international wall charger (also functions as standard electric guitar without batteries)
• Variax Workbench™ software and USB interface
• Includes high-quality, plush-lined G&G hard-shell case
• Additional battery, charger and cable kit available separately
MEET THE MASTER: LEARN MORE ABOUT JAMES TYLER
As the founder of James Tyler Guitars, master luthier James Tyler has helped put an unprecedented array of tones in the hands of professional and enthusiast guitarists alike. Captivated by guitars at an early age, James Tyler opened his first repair shop in Reseda, California in 1980, and quickly gained high-profile fans including Michael Landau, Neil Stubenhaus, Buzz Feiten and many more. The following decades brought a collection of stunningly creative guitars and basses, outrageous finishes, lauded pickups and a growing roster of loyal artists. Every project reflected his lifelong quest to create the perfect guitar and electronics package to deliver amazing tone—which made him the ideal partner for James Tyler Variax guitars.